What is UMID?
UMID or Unified Multi-Purpose ID is a government-issued ID that can be used for a variety of purposes. It can be used to verify your identity, apply for loans, open bank accounts, and acquire government services. Also, it is considered a primary valid ID.
It is an essential document for every Filipino citizen, as it provides access to various benefits and services offered by the SSS.
The best part is, it’s free for your first application!
How to Register for SSS UMID
1. You have the option to set an appointment or walk into your preferred SSS branch.
- Online appointment system – You can set an appointment via your My.SSS at your preferred SSS branch. This option is best if your SSS branch doesn’t allow walk-ins.
- Branch Walk-in – Following the mandatory SSS Number Coding Scheme for over-the-counter transactions.
2. Prepare your requirements for UMID:
- UMID application form
- 1 Primary valid ID
|List of Primary valid ID|
3. Visit the SSS branch where you have a set appointment with your supporting documents both original and photocopy.
4. Have your photo and biometrics taken. Double-check your information before they finalize it.
5. Your UMID Card will be processed. It usually about 30 working days to receive a UMID Card application.
6. Pick up your UMID Card. You will be informed via SMS or email when it is ready for pick-up.
For any concerns or inquiries regarding your Social Security System (SSS) matters, you can easily reach out for assistance. You can send an email to [email protected] or you can check our guide for alternative ways to contact SSS.