As you start your adulting journey, you’ll have a lot of things to figure out. From managing finances and how to make a small talk in a networking event to proper making your meal from scratch rather than ordering a take out. You don’t know what your doing at the beginning that’s just normal but as you older you’ll get the hang of it.
Navigating adulthood isn’t easy. There’s no handbook for it to learn as we were getting older. Before you plan to move out and live alone we suggest, you need try to learn and master these basic life skills as you kick off your adulting journey. Welcome to reality!
1. Learn how to cook
Cooking is a vital skill. You can minimize your take out and dining out expense when you know how to cook your favorite dish. You can start practicing then eventually you’ll master it.
2. Managing Finance
- Investing (stocks, mutual funds, bond and real estate)
- Understanding insurance (life, HMO, phone and pet insurance)
- Paying your bills on time
- Creating a system that work for you
3. Admin Skills
This will make your life easier when it comes to paperwork.
- Keep financial records organized.
- Learn how to organize your documents and it’s better to have a binder or file organizer at home which can hold a compilation of bills, receipts, health records, contracts, and government documents.
You are now in charge of your own laundry. You should know how to do your laundry properly.
- How to wash and dry it properly
- How to take care clothes
- How to remove certain stains
5. Learn how to network
You’ll need this when working in corporate world. In a dog eats dog world, you can rely to yourself that you need to know the basics of introducing yourself and small talk in order to leverage it in your career.
- Present self well to others
- Master how to introduce yourself
- Practice small talk
- How to network the right way
You’re now a responsible adult. You’ll do things on your own. You can do it. We’re rooting for you.