Seabank is the newest addition to digital banks in the country. If you want your money to earn a 4% – 6% interest rate compared to a traditional bank that only offers 0.75% – 1% interest rate.
According to their website “SeaBank is a mobile banking application for your daily financial needs. Earn more interest daily with attractive interest rates, while enjoying seamless transactions on your mobile phone anytime, anywhere.”
They currently offer 6% p.a. Interest Rate (starting June 1, 2022 to September 30, 2022) at no minimum balance, no deposit cap, and no lock-in period. It took me only 10 minutes to open an account with SeaBank.
Requirements for SeaBank Account
- Phone number or verified Shopee Account
- Valid government ID
- Email address
Valid ID that are accepted by SeaBank
- Driver’s License
- PhilID (National ID)
- Postal ID
- PRC ID
- SSS ID
*If you select to submit an ID without an address (example: Passport, SSS ID, PRC ID). They require you to submit alternative proof of your residential address.
Steps to Open an Account at Seabank
- You can register using a mobile number or a verified Shopee account.
- If you use a phone number, enter the mobile number and One-Time Password.
3. If you use a verified Shopee account it will ask for permission to connect SeaBank with your account.
4. Start the registration process by undergoing the following:
5. Facial Verification
6. Upload your valid government-issued ID
If you have uploaded one of the following: Passport, SSS ID, PRC ID. You will need to present a Proof of Residential Address.
7. Fill out your personal details.
8. Next is review and agree with the Terms and Conditions and set up 6 digit PIN.
9. You have successfully opened an account for SeaBank. You need to wait for 1 working day for them to verify your account.
REVIEW OF SeaBank
- No-fuss registration process
- Interest rate: 6% p.a.
- Daily payout of interest
- Free PesoNet and InstaPay bank transfers
- PDIC Insured and regulated by BSP
- No virtual card as of now
For more information about SeaBank, you check their website’s FAQ or you can contact them thru their customer service hotline and email address
- (+632) 8891 7927 (Local Hotline)
- 1800-1-110-2957 (Local Toll-Free for PLDT Landline and Smart Mobile)
- [email protected]