Are you looking to start building your savings? If so, have you heard about the Modified Pag-IBIG 2 (MP2) savings program of Pag-IBIG?
Members of the PAG-IBIG Fund have the option to voluntarily enroll in the MP2 PAGIBIG savings program. It’s available to all members who are registered with the PAG-IBIG Fund, and signing up for the MP2 program is required to participate.
Once you’re enrolled, you can invest any amount you choose, starting at a minimum of P500 per month. Over time, the PAG-IBIG Fund’s investment returns and your contributions will add up. You can earn higher interest than with a regular savings account, and your savings are government-guaranteed.
Here are the dividend rates for MP2 savings:
Now that you have an overview of what the MP2 savings program is, let’s dive into the step-by-step process of opening an account:
- Go to the Pag-IBIG fund website and select Apply for MP2
2. Complete the MP2 Savings Enrollment:
- Pag-IBIG MID No.
- Last Name
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Date of Birth
3. Enter the captcha and select submit.
4. You will need to input your desired monthly contribution amount into the corresponding field.
5. Select your preferred dividend payout frequency, mode of payment, and source of funds from the respective dropdown menus
6. Click on submit to complete the enrollment process.
7. You will receive a completed Modified Pag-IBIG II Enrollment Form that has your 12-digit MP2 account number.
8. Don’t forget to save it for future reference in your payments.
You can withdraw your savings after at least five years of continuous participation, but keep in mind that early withdrawals are subject to penalties. So, it’s best to withdraw only when necessary.
Congratulations! You have successfully opened an MP2 savings account with Pag-IBIG. We hope that this guide has helped you navigate the process of opening an MP2 savings account with ease.