Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, and sometimes, our health takes an unforeseen hit. When illness strikes, the last thing you want to worry about is financial instability. That’s where the SSS Sickness Benefit comes into play, providing a safety net to ensure you can focus on your recovery without the added stress of financial burdens.
In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of claiming the SSS Sickness Benefit. From understanding the eligibility criteria to gathering the necessary documents and submitting your application. By the end, you’ll have a clear roadmap to access the benefits you deserve.
Basics of SSS Sickness Benefit
- You must be an SSS member in good standing.
- You must be unable to work due to sickness or injury.
- You must have at least 3 monthly contributions within the 12 months immediately preceding the semester of sickness or injury.
- Notify your employer and they will provide you with the necessary forms and documents required for filing your SSS sickness benefit claim.
- Submit the required documents
- SSS Sickness Benefit Application form (SSS Form CLD-9A)
- Medical Certificate (SSS Form MMD-102) issued by an SSS-accredited physician. This should include details of your diagnosis, recommended treatment, and the period of confinement or inability to work.
- Leave of absence or certification from your employer indicating the dates of your sickness or injury.
- Valid ID
- Benefit Amount
- The amount of the SSS sickness benefit is equivalent to 90% of the member’s average monthly salary credit (AMSC). The AMSC is calculated by taking the total of your monthly contributions in the 12 months immediately preceding the semester of sickness or injury and dividing it by 12.
How to Claim SSS Sickness Benefit
1. Check your eligibility and gather the necessary documents.
2. Go to the SSS website and select Member.
3. Log in to your SSS account.
4. Enter your Username and Password and select Sign In.
4. In the SSS account dashboard, hover over Benefits and select Apply for Sickness Benefit tab.
5. Please provide the details of your sickness.
7. Review the information regarding your SSS sickness claim and ensure that your contact details are correct.
8. If you meet the qualifications, the proceeds will be deposited into the bank account that you have enrolled in the Bank Enrollment Module.
For any concerns or inquiries regarding your Social Security System (SSS) matters, you can easily reach out for assistance. You can send an email to [email protected] or you can check our guide in other ways to contact SSS.