How to Change Your SSS Membership from Employed to Self-Employed

Being an entrepreneur or freelancer has many benefits, such as the freedom to set your own hours and work from anywhere. However, one of the biggest challenges of it is that you don’t have the same benefits as traditional employees, such as health insurance or a retirement plan.

One of the first things you need to do to pay for your benefits is update your status to self-employed in your SSS, Philhealth, and Pag-IBIG. We’re here to guide you on how to do it.

How to Change Your Membership from Employed to Self-Employed

1. Visit the SSS website and select Member.

2. Log in to your SSS account.

3. Enter your Username and Password and select Sign In.

4. In the SSS account dashboard, go to Payment Reference Number (PRN) and select Generate PRN tab.

5. Fill out the required information. You will be asked to provide some information such as your SSS number, the applicable month or months of contribution, and the amount you wish to pay. Make sure to double-check all the details before submitting.

6. Review and confirm. After submitting the required information, review the details and confirm. Once confirmed, the system will generate your PRN.

7. Pay your contribution via Gcash or payment center.

7. Your status will automatically change after the contribution is paid.

For any concerns or inquiries regarding your Social Security System (SSS) matters, you can easily reach out for assistance. You can send an email to [email protected] or you can check our guide for alternative ways to contact SSS.
error: Content is protected.