Losing someone we love is an incredibly painful and emotionally trying experience. It is during these difficult times that we face the added burden of dealing with the financial aspects of arranging a funeral, which can feel overwhelming. In the Philippines, however, there is some relief and support available through the Social Security System (SSS) funeral benefits. We understand the depth of your sorrow and extend our heartfelt condolences.
Basics of SSS Funeral Benefit
Here are some of the things you need to know before you claim your retirement benefit:
- Check the eligibility of the deceased member who must have been an active SSS member and made at least one monthly contribution.
- The person who will claim the funeral benefit should be the person who shouldered the funeral expenses.
- Death certificate of the deceased SSS member
- Funeral expense official receipts
- Your birth certificate
- Your marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Your valid ID
- SSS funeral benefit application form
How to Claim SSS Funeral Benefit
1. Check the eligibility of the deceased and gather the necessary documents.
2. Go to the SSS website and select Member.
3. Log in to your SSS account.
4. Enter your Username and Password and select Sign In.
4. In the SSS account dashboard, hover over Benefits and select Apply for Funeral Benefit tab.
5. Confirm your Mailing Address, Mobile, Landline, and Bank Account Number where you would receive the claims.
6. Enter the information of the deceased: CRN/ SSS Number, Surname, Given Name, Date of Birth, Date of Death, Amount of Funeral Expense/s, and submit it.
7. You will get a transaction number after submitting your application.
8. If your claim is approved, you will receive the funeral benefit within 10 days in the bank account that you have enrolled in the Bank Enrollment Module.
For any concerns or inquiries regarding your Social Security System (SSS) matters, you can easily reach out for assistance. You can send an email to [email protected] or you can check our guide for alternative ways to contact SSS.